Friday, July 04, 2008

Dead Leaves...

Do not think of your faults, still less of others' faults; look for what is
good and strong, and try to imitate it. Your faults will drop off, like dead
leaves, when their time comes.

~ John Ruskin ~

It really resonated with me because I've been going through changes that
have been working exactly like that -- focusing on improving the best in me.
And in the process, the less than best aspects of myself have been shed like
dead skin.

Happy Freedom day -- may you enjoy the rich gifts our freedom affords us.
How cool is it we can live in a country where we can bash our leaders and
each other and not have to worry about a bomb going off in our living room.
For this, and much more, I am grateful.

1 comment:

Jen said...

very lovely quote.

glad to meet a fellow "glitter girl"!