Monday, May 29, 2006

Squished in a Middle Seat


3 out of 4 people I encountered on the streets of San Francisco commented on the butterfly. 4 people in all of the Dallas, Salt Lake City and Oakland airports and airplane rides commented on it. One was a woman in Dallas who was really impacted by it and acknowledged it twice. One was a flight attendant in a rest room in SLC. One was the little girl sitting next to me on the plane. She was in her rather large grandmother's lap. The poor woman was squished in a middle seat with her beautiful but somewhat vocal granddaughter. When the child's shoe fell on me and woke me -- the third time something fell on me -- I thought back to my word on May 25th. It was a challenging experience and I was grateful to call to mind, "WWJD?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i always think "what would james do"...because he looks so much like the european take on jesus. and that seems to work too...although sometimes results in a deep sigh...since that's what james would do.

;)
cool words!
rin invincible