Tuesday, May 30, 2006

You've got to have...

When I got back to town, Aaron and I were hanging out discussing religion. He comes from a bi-cultural household (Lutheran and Jewish). As we were discussing the idea of God and religion, he suggested that people don't necessarily believe in God -- they just have Faith and that religion was about having Faith. I got to thinking about the idea of agnostics and atheists and wondered about what they might have faith in. I imagine it is science, evolution and/or the unknown.

For my part, I like the idea of "the force" and I experience it in tangible ways as flow in my life -- not just in my poi practice, but in my life practice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have strong faith in gravity, cause-and-effect, my power to manifest pieces of furniture and other odd, useful things on the curb, my intellect, that all my truths are approximations, and the principle that when people get angry or upset it's because of fear and past wounds.

Anonymous said...

Just browsing...should be working, but browsing nonetheless....
To describe myself, I have dubbed the term, Agnostic Pagan.
Meaning though I worship no gods, and dont believe in the immortality of any of them, I do believe in the natural rhythyms of nature and the earth.

As an agnostic I also believe in people. People have an inherent ability to share, uplift, create and inspire. (some use these gifts, some don't, but I think everyone has it. Some may have lost it and others choose to hide it their self percieved inadequacies.)