Saturday, June 03, 2006

Bloom

Some IllumiNaughty friends of mine are putting together The Havilah Garden which is a project that inspired me deeply. The garden will include a walk of fear leading to enclosed garden of hope and a tree of emergence and will include lush plant life on the playa. In an environment filled with dust and lacking in lushness, I'm truly inspired to experience something alive and I imagine this will be an amazing gift for so many on the playa.

It felt great to see this old family of mine after spending so much time building the Temple for so long. These are people who have witnessed my evolution from corporate entrenched systems engineer to running the Temple full time. Many of them questioned the shift and possibility of it being a viable financial alternative to a life behind a computer desk. I'm glad to say my hopes overcame my fears and I have Bloomed into a new me -- one I imagine this project will reflect at Burning Man in 2006. I'm happy to give my support to these friends and this project.

1 comment:

~d said...

Don't you hate ppl who come in on the story in the middle-let me see, you did corporate work and now you do Burning Man? Like-totally? You make a living off of it?! I am so impressed already. (reading more!)